As I sit here and look at the calendar, I can’t help but reminisce that last year on this very date Jeff and I were frolicking through the streets of Italy living our best life. Oh goodness how much can change in a year, right??? To take a stroll back through memory lane and look back about my best adventure yet, I thought it was perfect timing to whip up this incredible lemon arugula spaghetti cacio e pepe pasta dish.
One of my girlfriends raved about this recipe and as soon as I saw the simple ingredient list with some of my favorite things, I knew this would be a hit with my crew and one to make when I’m craving some rich, indulgent pasta. Even better, it’s from Chrissy Tiegen’s Cravings Cookbook and now I am thinking I need to add this one to my cookbook collection.
Lemon Arugula Spaghetti Cacio e Pepe
- 12 oz dried spaghetti
- 1/4 lb pancetta or bacon finely diced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes [less if you don’t like it too spicy!!]
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, plus more for serving
- 3 cups baby arugula
- Cook spaghetti according to package in heavily salted water. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water and drain.
- In a large skillet, cook the pancetta over med-high heat until crisped, 7-9 min. Then add olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes and pepper and cook for 1 minute.
- Add lemon juice to skillet, then add drained pasta and toss to coat. Add the parm and toss. Then add in pasta water, a few tablespoons at a time so the cheese coats the pasta. Add the arugula and toss until it wilts. Season to taste with additional salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Serve with more parm.
Have you tried lemon arugula spaghetti cacio e pepe before? Let me know in a comment below!