This post is brought to you by Orkin Pest Control… all thoughts and opinions are that of Hello Happiness and I am proud to collaborate with brands I use and would recommend to my friends and family.
Spring is FINALLY here and with that comes the importance of spring cleaning… even in the home maintenance department! By now, you know we are well into our major renovation and with a few months to go we are checking the important to-do lists off, and one part of our Home Spring Cleaning is treating our house for termites with Orkin Pest Control.
Did you know termites damage more than 600,000 homes a year?? Yeah, I don’t want to be part of that statistic and I am certain you don’t either. That’s more than the amount damaged due to tornadoes, hurricanes and flooding—COMBINED. The thing they also don’t tell you is that most home insurance companies don’t cover pest damage!
It may not be glamorous and I am venturing outside the typical blog box today, but I want to make sure we are all protecting our biggest investment (other than our kids of course) by making sure you’re scheduling service with Orkin Pest Control… AND they are offering 15% off termite control service for new residential customers now through June 30, 2018—with offer code TC15—just call 877-284-7210.
A few weeks ago, the local Orkin Pest Control team came out to treat our house and the entire process was really helpful in educating myself on their system and the steps they take to ensure they are completely different than the competition.
So, let’s get down to the nitty gritty… they offer continuous treatment plans—all customized to your individual needs—based on the layout of your home and the degree of termite infestation, Orkin tailors their recommendations specifically to your unique floorplan.
- Termidor Liquid Termite Treatments | This solution can be used within building foundations to provide a protective barrier around your home. The protection is immediate AND guards against future issues. They employ application flowmeters [say that five times fast I dare you!] after each treatment that record the amount of termiticide used in the area and the cumulative suggested total.
- Dry Foam and OrkinFoam | Used to treat voids in interior and exterior walls, around heating ducts and water pipes, under slabs, and for certain other surfaces, OrkinFoam expands to reach critical areas, which provides extra protection against termite infestations. The low moisture content of Orkin Dry Foam® prevents it from soaking through drywall and creating damaging wet spots, so it helps ensure a dry environment which is important to YOU as a homeowner!
- Sentricon Bait and Monitoring | This treatment disrupts termite molting processes, stunting their growth, and is applied to areas at most risk of attracting the pests like soil/mulch, old tree stumps, irrigation sprinkler heads, and downspouts. Sentricon® provides continual protection without causing damage to your property. After service is completed, your Orkin Man® will fill out a Termite Control Service Ticket that explains exactly what was done and when he’ll be back to monitor the progress of treatments.
For us Nashvillians/Tennessee residents, we have to be on the lookout for subterranean termites, which are the most common type in our area… they live in the soil below and around homes and primarily attack from the ground up = which often means out of sight, out of mind. Just be aware they will go anywhere they can and love crawlspaces and basements. Our southern region is known for lots of rain, making for ideal conditions for termites—oh yay!
Our experience with the local Orkin branch team has been absolutely incredible—their attention to detail, thoroughness in explaining to us what they are doing when they come out, always arriving when they say they will—it goes a long way from someone who owns their own business. Jeff, AKA Safety Squad as I lovingly call him, is super stoked to know that all will be well when we move back in this June!
Are you embarking on a home renovations soon?? Before starting, remember to check for these signs around your house:
Finally, my friends at Orkin Pest Control are all about educating consumers like you and I to maintain the effectiveness of their treatment:
- Eliminate Moisture Problems—repair leaking faucets, water pipes, A/C units; keep gutters clean; and remove excessive plant cover and wood mulch
- Remove Termite Food Sources—keep firewood away from foundation or crawl space; get rid of debris near your house and check decks/wooden fences for damage
We want to make sure we are doing things the right way during our home renovation, and that starts from the ground up… it may sound crazy, but we want to protect our home from any future issues and Orkin Pest Control is helping us each step of the way!