I believe you should have one go-to meal that you know like the back of your hand…the one you know all the ingredients for, the one that you can whip up in no time, the one that you know will be a hit to everyone who tastes it.
For me, that is Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas and it’s been a big hit for everyone who has made it (or so I have been told). It’s my #1 dish to drop off when someone has a baby, moves into a new home, or has another random need for a home cooked meal. I’ve talked about my love for this dish several times previously and my friends and family are always asking for it, so I wanted to make sure I payed it forward and shared with ya’ll again, too!
Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas
Ingredients Needed for your Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas:
6 tablespoons honey
5 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
16 oz. green verde enchilada sauce
3-4 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
8-10 flour tortillas
1 bag monterey jack cheese, shredded
1 cup sour cream (i use reduced fat)
Directions to Make your Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas:
1. Boil chicken until cooked through. Shred with a fork
2. Combine honey, lime juice, chili powder, and garlic powder together and add to shredded chicken
3. pour 1/2 cup of green verde sauce in the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish
4. fill tortillas with chicken and shredded cheese and place in baking dish
5. mix remaining enchilada sauce with the sour cream and pour over enchiladas, and then sprinkle remaining monterey jack cheese on top
6. bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes and enjoy!
PS: Loving these chicken enchiladas? Click here now for more of our favorite recipes!!