Now that I am a semi-professional packer when it comes to getting everything you could possibly ever need for a vacation of any kind with a baby, I wanted to publish a little list to help those of you out there who need help… let’s be honest, when you’re a mom, your mind is a tad bit loopy with all sorts of other things to remember, so I thought this may be helpful for some of you with upcoming travel plans this summer!
FYI: This is only my list for the little ones, but please, don’t forget to pack things for you, too!
- diapers and wipes (way more than you think you could posssibly need)–however, if you’ll have easy access to a grocery store/Target/etc, just bring a few and stock up upon arrival to save space
- bottles/formula/gas drops/pacifiers/A&D ointment/baby powder/wet wipes
- bibs/burp cloths
- onesies (for sleep time)
- daytime outfits (1-2 per day; hello spit up happens!)
- blankets (lightweight and thicker varities for nighttime)
- bath products (shampoo/all over body wash/lotion)
- bassinet/pack n play/extra sheets
- bouncy seat (this was awesome to have on hand, plus it didn’t take up a lot of room)
- toys (we brought our Lamaze toys, blocks, and books)
- accessories: hats, hairbows, socks, shoes, etc
- sunscreen (we used Aveeno Baby and it works really well! perfect for sensitive baby skin)
- stroller/car seat
- diaper bag with all your go-to items
- white noise machine or Sleep Sheep (cannot leave home without it!)
- camera/video camera/chargers
- sunbrella/pop up baby tent (we have both; the bigger sunbrella is great for the beach; the pop up tent is wonderful for the pool)
- baby carrier (we didn’t bring our Ergo to the beach and I was really bummed out because there were plenty of opportunities where it would’ve been great to have)
- wagon (we got the old school Radio Flyer just like I had when I was little)
Happy travels my friends!!