Oh yes, nothing like a fun little summer style recipe to kick off the weekend festivities… we are trying to eat anything and everything seasonal at our house these days to take advantage of all the fresh produce we are buying at the store and this new find acts as an easy side dish OR a tasty appetizer to wow the crowd for backyard barbeques… find those fresh peach stands [hello Peach Truck we love you!!] and whip up this peach and goat cheese crostini sweetness ASAP:
peach and goat cheese crostini
- one french bread loaf
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 4 oz diced pancetta
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 1 TBSP honey
- 2 large peaches, sliced
- balsamic glaze to drizzle
- fresh mint
- preheat oven to 350 degrees… cut french bread into large slices and then lightly brush both sides of the bread with olive oil — place bread in oven for 5-7 minutes until golden and crispy
- cook pancetta in a small skillet over medium-high heat for 5 minutes until crispy and fragrant… set aside to cool
- whisk together goat cheese and honey until whipped consistency
- spread goat cheese on top of bread slices, then top with pancetta, sliced peaches and drizzle with balsamic glaze… finally top with fresh mint and enjoy!
Have you ever tried a peach and goat cheese crostini? What is one of your current favorite summer time snacks? Let me know in a comment below!