Happy hour is officially calling!! I’m making everything cranberry I can get my hands on this holiday season and next up, I’ve got this sweet little concoction called a Cranberry Mimosa. A seasonal spectacle worth sipping on, AND a great drink
you can make bath-style for easy pouring and serving, too. The homemade cranberry syrup is something that would be a perfect topper for Christmas Day French Toast if you’re planning ahead on that front as well.
And yes, big thanks to my friends at Mackenzie-Childs
for keeping my barware looking jolly + holiday party perfect with all my beautiful Courtly Check
1/2 cup cranberry juice [I used cranberry cocktail]
1/2 cup sugar
3 thick orange slices
6 oz fresh cranberries [I like to freeze mine and then serve with the drink to help chill]
champagne or prosecco
- combine juice, sugar, orange slices and cranberries in a saucepan
- bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10-12 minutes
- remove from heat and press cranberries through a strainer discarding the skins/pulp + then cool completely
- place 2-3 TBSP of cranberry syrup in a glass; top with bubbly + garnish as desired [rosemary is my fav holiday topper]
- stir well before serving!
Have you made a cranberry mimosa before? What’s your favorite holiday drink to mix? Let me know in a comment below!