Goodness gracious… it’s been almost TWO years since I gave y’all the step-by-step process of what products I swear by for my 5 minute makeup tutorial. So I believe it’s high time we get back to basics. Let’s face it, we don’t need to be photoshoot ready day in and day out, but we do want to look our best while we roam the aisle of Target in our athleisure… because you know the one time you leave home without makeup is when you see EVERYBODY AND THEIR MOTHER.
I’ll be sharing this process later this morning via Instagram stories, but wanted to publish a full blog post here for easy reference when you need to stop by and check out my essentials! Hope this helps streamline your mornings and shows you 5 minutes can go a long way!! P.S. this is JUST my makeup routine–if you’re looking for my morning skincare process, you can find that post HERE.
5 Minute Makeup Routine
THE BASE LAYER
1. Tula Brighten Up Smoothing Gel | A recent addition to my morning regimen, this primer is already going into my normal rotation. I LOVE the gel formula, as I feel like it’s easier to apply without a lot of residue/shine and it definitely cools and refreshes my skin. You can use my code NASHVILLETASH to make this just $28 [reg $34].
2. iT Cosmetics CC Cream | Hands down, this is still my go-to for the best CC cream out there. I use shade “Neutral Medium” since I routinely get spray tans… t stays put ALL day [even after workout sessions] and it’s easiest to apply with the iT Cosmetics Foundation Brush — plus the built-in SPF is a winner that multitasks and helps keep your skin looking great!
3. Becca Sunlit Bronzer | I feel like I have tried EVERY bronzer in the book and I always come back to this one. I use shade Bronzed Bondi and it offers great coverage, the perfect warm hue for a faux sun-kissed glow and a little goes a long way. I apply using this Oval 10 Artis Brush [yes, these are an investment, but I’ve had mine for years now and still use them daily so they are worth it].
4. Tarte Shape Tape Concealer | I don’t think this needs an introduction, because I talk about it ALL the dang time. The only concealer I use on the daily, it doesn’t crease, offers amazing coverage all over/for specific spots and I never leave home without it. I use shade Light/Medium for reference.
CHEEKS + EYES + LIPS
5. NARS Orgasm Blush | A cult classic that can do no wrong in my book, this pretty pink color goes well with ALL skin tones. Just the right amount of posey pop on the apples of your cheeks goes a long way. I apply with this Sigma Flat Kabuki Brush [hands down my favorite brush that serves so many purposes].
6. Charlotte Tilbury Glowgasm Beauty Wand Highlighter | If I am looking to add a bit of glow to my cheeks, I’ll also apply this highlighter on top of the powder blush. I use shade “pinkgasm” and I love the subtle dewy finish it leaves.
7. MAC Hyper Real Glow Palette | As for all over highlighting, I use this easy peasy highlighter and use the Sigma Brush I mentioned above to apply. One sweep across all three colors gives the PERECT amount of highlighting and brightening. I use the “Get Lit” colorway.
8. MakeUpForEver Waterproof XL Eyeliner | If this product ever gets discountinued, I am SCREWED because it is the only eyeliner I love. It seriously stays put all day + all night and doesn’t fade, run, and/or smudge. I use the Matte Black color for reference.
9. MAC Paint Pots [ Painterly] | The easiest eyeshadow/primer out there when you’re in a hurry… I use this as a primer most of the time, but darker shades can be used as shadow. Easy to apply using this Sigma Blending Brush and help prevent creasing, too.
10. Tartelette Eyeshadow Palette | If there was one eyeshadow palette I had to use forever, it would be this one. The colorways are ideal for everyday with matte shades in all the right hues and perfect for blending for day and night. It is THE BEST!
11. Anastasia Brow Definer in Blonde | My favorite brow pen… EVER. The angled tip makes it fool proof to apply and it gives full coverage, while still giving you the ability to apply as much or as little as you need.
12. Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow Gel | To fill in and make my eyebrows look fuller, I use this tinted gel in Blonde. It gives subtle color and fills in any spots that may need a bit more volume. I then top and “set” with this Clear Brow Gel and my brows are good to go — trust me, no fading or disappearing throughout your day!
13. Mile High Club Mascara | I recently made the switch to this Wander Beauty mascara and love it. It came highly recommended from a number of trusted beauty bloggers I follow and since I hadn’t been loving my latest selection, I opted to test this bad boy out and LOVE it. The thin wand brush is great for lengthening lashes, while giving major volume, too.
14. Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Lipliner | The best light pink/nude lipliner ever. Simple to apply and I love the pen — subtle color for everyday makeup and be sure to fill in those lips… this will last you so all day so no reapplication needed!
15. Laura Mercier Lip Glace Gloss [Color Tulip] | My favorite way to wear gloss for everyday?? A classic rosy pink pop of color that has a bit of shine… this is a recent addition to my 5-minute face lineup and I LOVE this subtle hint of color for day in and day out!
16. MAC Prime + Prime Fix + Finishing Mist | When everyone asks how my makeup stays put day in and day out [even after my daily gym visits], this is my MIRACLE must-have. Seriously my makeup doesn’t move with a few spritzes of this setting spray. It refreshes and hydrates and sets your entire face so it’s an ABSOLUTE to have in your beauty routine!
Do you have a 5 minute makeup routine? If so, what products do you use? Let me know in a comment below!