There are certain things I associate with the holidays…yummy treats, romantic comedy movies, holiday albums, and of course Christmas books to read the minis. Here are some of my festive favorites, things I celebrate and have to include in every yearly holiday rotation:
1. Meet Me in St. Louis: Judy Garland, loads of singing and dance routines, and the sweetest family story all rolled into one. If you’ve never seen this movie, it’s a MUST
2. Michael Buble’s Christmas CD: he has a timeless voice, and he puts a new spin on some old classic favorites! This is usually the album I play the most in the car during the holidays
3. Harry and David Moose Munch: it’s an addiction, and a treat I always wish for to be included in my stocking! I could devour an entire box of this goodness at one sitting
4. The Nutcracker: Mom used to take me to see the play at least once every few years and I love it…nutcrackers are something I collect to display with all my holiday decor and I love how whimsical and fun they are
5. Williams Sonoma Hot Cocoa and Marshmallows: perfect for a night in spent wrapping gifts and baking for friends and family.
6. Mistletoe Yankee Candles: they make your entire house smell like a Christmas tree..it’s perfection
7. The Night Before Christmas Book: I am going to start a new tradition this year by having Santa write a letter to the girls to be delivered to them on Christmas Eve. And every year after, we will do the same thing and keep adding holiday books to our collection!
8. Holiday PJs: I can’t wait for when I can find matching family yummies for all of us to wear…yes, Jeff included. He will hate me for this I am certain, but it’ll be all in good fun!
9. Christmas Mugs: drinking coffee and cocoa out of holiday mugs make everything more special!
10. Love Actually: not only is it my favorite holiday movie, it’s got an incredible soundtrack, too!
What are some of your festive favorites to get you in the holiday spirit?