Stationery and wedding etiquette... I've touched on it before and I am back again with Basic Invite to give you a little more in-depth knowledge about all things stationery and paper design.
Whether you're seeking out Save the Dates, Birth Announcements, Thank You Cards, Baby Shower Invites, or anything in between, Basic Invite has anything and everything you need to design custom paper products within your budget.
Gold Foil Invitations are all the rage right now and I'm secretly wishing they would have been as popular back when the majority of my friends were getting married... anything gold gets all the heart eyes from this gal! I'm also obsessed with all the sweet Birth Announcements they offer... one of my favorite things to receive in the mail! Have a birthday party you're working to make super special? Basic Invite offers custom Birthday Party Invitations, too!
So... what makes Basic Invite different?
- Almost Unlimited Color Options: Basic Invite is one of the few websites that allows you almost unlimited color options with instant previews online... once you select your favorite design, you can easily change the color of each element on the card with more than 160 different color variations. For party planners like me, this takes customization to an entirely new level!
- Custom Samples: I'm a visual person and I ALWAYS ask for a sample before I print. You can actually order a PRINTED sample so you can see exactly what the finished product will look like.. SO practical before you're printing invitations for a huge order, like a wedding.
- Envelope Colors: The outside contents of your mail are sometimes just as important as what's inside... at least for stationery obsessed people like myself. Basic Invite has more than 40 colored envelopes so you know your mail will stand out before it's ever opened! And yes, be sure to use colorful pens for added flair and wow! P.S. another oh so important detail... their envelopes are peel and stick so no licking necessary... hallelujah!
So... back to all things etiquette when it comes to stationery and paper! Just a few tidbits of info that have helped me learn throughout the years, though I am sure I still have much to learn:
- Naming || Do not use abbreviations.. spell out "Doctor" rather than "Dr." and spell out middle names
- Addresses and States || Spell out the last part of a person's street address, such as "Court" and not "Ct." and spell out all state names as well
- Hosts and Hostesses for Showers || Include the hosts' names in alphabetical order UNLESS someone is hosting at their house and then they are listed first
- Addressing Guests on an Invitation || The man's name is never separated so you would address Jeff and I as "Natasha and Jeff Stoneking"
There are countless others out there, but we'll save those for another post... especially when it comes to monograms, as I could go on and on!!
A big thanks to the team at Basic Invite for collaborating on this post... hoping this helps you discover some custom, gorgeous invites for every major life moment!