Like I mentioned, this is for everyday wear: not including the goodies I make sure to apply when I've got a fun night out or need my makeup to stay on all day (hello Smashbox photo finish primer), but these are the tried and true goodies I slather on when I am running out of the house...
I wish I had enough disposable money to buy all the beauty items I see out there on websites and other blogs, but let's face it, money doesn't grow on trees and I have to be careful with what I spend. I think I am a bit "cheap" when it comes to beauty essentials because spending $100 on some eye cream sounds CRAZY to me...to each his own though! Honestly, I have found that drugstore brands sometimes (and yes I said sometimes) work better than the pricier options on the market. And no, this is not a sponsored post, these are items you'll find in my drawers right now:
1. ELF BB Cream: easy to apply; good coverage for everyday errands/activities; gives a bit of color with the benefit of a moisturizer with SPF to prevent sun damage; price of $6 can't be beat either
2. Burt's Bees Super Shiny Lip Gloss: gives a bit of color; goes on easily; all natural
3. Rimmel Scandaleyes Mascara: I've tried SO many mascaras out there and this one is my favorite for everyday war (They're Real is the best, but too pricey for daily option for me); lengthens with no clumps and doesn't run or wear off
4. Cover Girl Invisible Concealer: let's face it, I use a lot of concealer these days; hello two under two with hardly any sleep...catch my drift?? this is light enough so it doesn't look like spackle, but still hides the darkness and spots
5. NYX Stick Blush: stays on longer than traditional powder blush; gives a fresh, dewy glow to cheeks