Say hello to Leona, a women's high end contemporary apparel label. Lauren Leonard (the creator/designer) began her business more than five years ago in the wholesale retail market, but recently opened her first designer flagship store here in Nashville in the 12 South district. Her apparel combines southern sensibility and city chic seamlessly through custom prints and luxurious fabrics.
In visiting with the fabulous girls at the Leona store earlier this week, I learned so much about the Leona brand and all the fun details behind her designs...
(1) All garments are designed by Lauren and made in NYC
(2) Prints are custom, hand drawn, AND painted by Lauren in the NYC studio...she is SO talented and I was shocked at some of the prints she designed...they are incredible
(3) Celebrities love her staple garments and pieces have been worn by Giuliana Rancic, Shenae Grimes, Carrie Underwood, Taylor Swift, and Eva Longoria just to name a few
(4) You can also purchase her apparel from more than 200+ retailers internationally
(5) You might have seen some of her pieces in various media outlets and on TV shows: People, The Today Show, Lucky, Ellen, Southern Living, and Teen Vogue
I love Lauren's take on the persona behind her clothes...“The Leona girl is just as comfortable sipping sweet tea on a front porch swing as she is navigating the bustling streets of Manhattan. She is her own unique version of the modern, all-American girl.“ Lauren said. “She appreciates quality, is a fashion follower and she craves products with value and substance.”
With the fall 2013 collection out for all to see, I was invited to take a sneak peak at the collection and play dress up with some of the pieces. What girl wouldn't want to have a fun day like that, right??
Here are some of my favorite looks:
When: Saturday, September 28, 2013
Where: Leona Flagship Store, 2309 12th Ave South Nashville, TN 37204
Why: Live music, as well as champagne and shopping with the designer, Lauren Leonard
To learn more about Lauren and the Leona brand, here are a few recent features:
N Focus: http://nfocusnashville.
Nashville Lifestyles: http://www.
Channel 2 News/WKRN: http://www.wkrn.