We have a comfortable lifestyle, have been blessed with Caroline and are now expecting Miss Carson, have a "nice" home, have wonderful family and friends, etc. (you get the idea)...I'm not trying to brag, I just know by taking a quick peak into someone's life, it can seem like things are pretty perfect. But, I do want to let you know we go through the normal day-to-day struggles, too.
- Jeff and I fight just like any normal married couple...and if you say you never fight, well I guess you're better than us.
- I sometimes feel alone since I am a SAHM...there are days where I miss the adult interaction of being in an office and I can't help but miss all the fast-paced deadlines and stress that came along with it. I was good at my job and I felt like I made an impact.
- We argue about money and saving and spending and our family's future and what we both want out of life. Sometimes, we're on the same page, sometimes we're not.
- There are days when Caroline stresses me out and I just have to walk away and take a "mommy timeout"...babies are tough work and it can overwhelm me.
- I worry about what others think about me... this is a characteristic of myself I wish I could say goodbye to, but it is what it is and unfortunately this is something I have to work through.
- I had the "baby blues" after CC was born...a scary, crazy time filled with out-of-whack hormones and a roller coaster full of emotions. I was scared to admit it at the time for fear of sounding like a bad mom or a failure, but now I know it's normal and these things happen. I had to find out what my issues were and fix them and then life got SO much better!
- I am so OCD about certain things that I drive my husband insane...I'm a perfectionist and I know it's not a lovely trait. The older I get, the more I am learning to let things go.
- I'm strong, but I'm sensitive. I get my feelings hurt a lot more than I used to. Maybe it's the hormones...
Guess I'm throwing myself under the bus and pointing out lots of flaws for all of you to see, huh? Oh well...I'm only human and Lord knows we all have them.See, there are things I may not talk about all the time, but I hope you know each and every one of us have struggles to overcome, and life ain't always easy. I have to constantly remind myself that God has a plan for everyone. The best we can do is to be honest with ourselves... be honest with those around you and seek the help of people we trust the most. They are the ones that are there when the going gets tough...as a shoulder to cry on, as a sounding board for advice, as someone who will tell you they will beat someone up for you (my Dad would totally say that-haha). I'm just saying, don't ever feel like you're alone because you're not.