I had pinned this recipe months ago on Pinterest, knowing there would be a time that these would be a necessity and I would have to attempt this yumminess. Well, this past weekend we had friends over for dinner and it gave me the perfect excuse to make these INCREDIBLE treats..perfect for the holidays, and even better served frozen! On to the details...
Frozen Smores Cups via Easy Baked
Graham Cracker Crumbs (about 1 1/2 cups)
1/3 cup butter
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1/4 cup whipping cream
2 cups mini marshmallows
1 1/2 cups cold milk
1 box (3.9 oz) instant chocolate pudding
1 (8 oz) container of Cool Whip (thawed in fridge)
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (as topping)
1. Melt butter and add to graham cracker crumbs, mixing until well combined to make crust.
2. Prepare muffin/cupcake pan by placing evenly divided butter and crumb mixture into the bottom of each of the 12 cups, saving about 1/4 cup to use as topping later. I used a spoon to make sure crumb mixture was firmly packed into the bottom.
3. Place milk chocolate chips and whipping cream into a small bowl and microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until melted and smooth.
4. Spoon chocolate into a zip top bag, cut a tip off and evenly pipe chocolate into the center of each cup, on top of the crust.
5. Divide Marshmallows among cups.
6. Mix cold milk with pudding on medium speed for 2 minutes. Fold in 1/2 of the Cool Whip container. Spoon filling into a large zip top bag. Clip a corner off and pipe pudding into each cup evenly. Try to pipe it in between the marshmallows so that the whole cup is filled.
7. Use a knife to smooth the tops level with the top of the pan.
8. Freeze for at least a couple of hours.
9. Allow the pan to warm just a bit before popping each dessert cup out.
10. For topping, use a little bit of the left over Cool Whip on each dessert using a decorating tip or zip top bag. Then sprinkle the remaining crust and mini chocolate chips on top.
11. Serve cold right away– or put them in a sealed container and freeze until you are ready to serve.
(Holiday) Weekend Wishes
35 minutes ago