- Every year Americans throw away 100 billion plastic grocery bags. These bags can clog drains, crowd landfills, and leave an unsightly blot on the landscape.
- Plastic bags can take up to 1,000 years to break down.
- Each reusable bag has the potential to eliminate an average of 1,000 plastic bags over its lifetime.
- The production of plastic bags requires large amounts of crude oil, natural gas, or other petrochemical derivatives.
- The production of paper bags requires large amounts of wood, petroleum, and coal.
It's obvious we are being wasteful as a society and we should EACH do our part to help protect our Earth so join in the cause and buy some bags- It doesn't matter if you buy the top of the line bags or get the rather inexpensive ones I bought, as long as we're all making small steps towards a better environment, it's all the same to me! Although I have to admit, I did find some very cute ones so I thought I'd share- you can buy these at Reusable Bags or Be Happy Bags